Our primary economic development goal is to assist new and existing commercial businesses locate or expand in the municipality. The office offers information on both business and residential investment and provides detailed information to companies wanting to make informed decisions on site selection.
The Nation Economic Development staff can assist clients in all phases of the site selection process. Staff works hand in hand with the Prescott and Russell Economic Development and Tourism Office to create and maintain an environment conducive to regional development initiatives. Local firms can take advantage of both offices’ resources and expertise to source the information and contacts necessary to succeed in today’s competitive global economy.
For further information on the excellent prospects for doing business in The Nation, contact the staff of the Economic Development Department:
MCIP RPP, Planner
613-764-5444 ext. 229
CAO / Clerk
613-764-5444 ext. 222
The 8 municipalities of the United Counties of Prescott-Russell have launched the project Prescott and Russell Opportunities!
This project aims to collect important and pertinent information in order to instigate further economic development in our area. A trained team of volunteers and staff will visit more than 500 local businesses, chosen at random, in order to perform a survey. 70 of them are located in The Nation.
Are you interested in participating as volunteer? Visit the website to find out more about this exciting initiative! OPRO.CA
The Nation Municipality provides a healthy mix of affordable industrial and commercial land and buildings.
- With five exits onto Highway 417, easy access to Highway 138 towards Cornwall and the Seaway International Bridge to the USA,
- the country’s capital – the City of Ottawa at your doorstep,
- just over an hour away from Montréal, one of Canada’s top cities,
Our municipality offers you easy access to various major economic points of interest, all the while benefiting from a high-energy and bilingual workforce.
The Nation Municipality’s Economic Development Department is the primary office responsible for assisting business and industry to relocate, expand or establish new operations in our area. The Economic Development Officer and other staff have the mandate to make things possible and easy for you to achieve your business objectives.
Our Economic Development Department has the mandate to:
- Provide potential business investors with the information they require to make an intelligent location decision;
- Promote the Nation Municipality as a preferred tourist destination; and
- Foster an environment suitable for the growth of existing businesses.
For the business investor, we can assist you to:
- Develop specialized listings of suitable land and/or buildings for sale/lease;
- Procure required services by acting as a municipal liaison for site plan control, zoning matters, and other issues;
- Quantify labour, utility, tax and other location-sensitive costs;
- Collect data for market research; and
- Answer any other questions you may have.
If you are a tourism-based business, we can:
- Assist with the growth of existing tourism businesses; and
- Work with existing tourism organization to develop tourism experiences and packages.
For our most valued existing businesses, we will:
- Assist with any questions or issues that pertain to your growth objectives;
- Provide referrals to appropriate government assistance; and
- Assist with market research.
Please contact our economic development office today!
Economic Development in the Nation Municipality … We make it easy for you!
We are also proud members of Ontario East Economic Development