Here are some tips from the Phénix that we found really interesting for the holiday season:
- Offer your gifts in bags, it’s easier to manipulate for people with reduced fine motor skills.
- Organize games accessible to all.
- Clean your steps and driveway, put salt and make sure that the parking for people with disabilities is clear of snow and ice and is accessible.
- Anticipate your guests’ accessibility needs. Someone might need a quiet place to receive care or to rest, others might have severe allergies. Ask them!
- Prevent falls by turning on the lights in the hallways, stairs and entryways. Walk around your home to identify objects that could cause falls (electrical cords, toys, small carpets, etc.).