Our primary economic development goal is to assist new and existing commercial businesses locate or expand in the municipality. The office offers information on both business and residential investment and provides detailed information to companies wanting to make informed decisions on site selection.
The Nation Economic Development staff can assist clients in all phases of the site selection process. Staff works hand in hand with the Prescott and Russell Economic Development and Tourism Office to create and maintain an environment conducive to regional development initiatives. Local firms can take advantage of both offices’ resources and expertise to source the information and contacts necessary to succeed in today’s competitive global economy.
For further information on the excellent prospects for doing business in The Nation, contact the staff of the Economic Development Department:
MCIP RPP, Planner
613-764-5444 ext. 229
Manager of Economic Development and Tourism
613-764-5444 ext. 236
Prescott and Russell Opportunities – Final Report
The Nation Municipality’s Department of Economic Development, in partnership with the Economic Development and Tourism Department of the United Counties of Prescott and Russell (PREDT), conducted 69 interviews from May to December 2017 with business owners in the community specializing in commercial, industrial, agricultural and tourism sectors.
The Nation: A Strategic Location
- Five exits onto Highway 417;
- The City of Ottawa at your doorstep;
- An hour away from the City of Montreal;
- Direct access to Highway 138 towards Cornwall and the U.S. border.
Our Economic Development Department is committed to:
- Provide potential business investors with the information they require to make a well-informed location decision;
- Promote The Nation Municipality as a preferred tourist destination; and
- Foster an environment suitable for the growth of existing businesses.
We will help you:
- Find suitable land and/or buildings for sale/lease;
- Obtain the required municipal services;
- Estimate utility, tax and other location-sensitive costs;
- Find answers to your questions.
Make an appointment with us now by calling 613-764-5444, ext. 229. Our team will be pleased to help you!
Economic Development in the Nation Municipality … We make it easy for you!
We are also proud members of Ontario East Economic Development