March 31 2020 – COVID-19 Assessment Centre in Winchester to Open on April 1st
March 31 2020 – Please read what the OPP can enforce during the COVID-19 pandemic.
March 28 2020 – Increase in COVID-19 cases in Eastern Ontario.
People returning from abroad and not isolating risk up to $1 million in fines and three years in prison.
Statement from The Nation Mayor regarding COVID-19
On going services : (call office at 613-764-5444 for information)
- Garbage and recycling pickup
- Garbage green stickers (call the office at 613-764-5444)
- By-law services
- Public Works
- Municipal taxes
- Dog tags
Services on hold or closed until further notice :
- The Nation Municipality offices (Note that our secure exterior drop box is available to deposit payments)
- Community Centres (you can contact us at 613-524-2522 or at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Spring Clean Up
Municipal taxes and water and sewer
In order to minimize the financial impact that COVID-19 can have on our citizens, some adjustments have been made to payments for water and sewage and municipal taxes. Please share and follow this link. https://nationmun.ca/en/covid-19-municipal-taxes-and-utility-billing/
Council Meetings : closed to the public
- Please note the The Nation Municipality Council Meetings will be closed to the public. After consultations, we must take exceptional and necessary measures to counter the spread of COVID-19. The meetings will be recorded and available on YouTube. Also, the minutes will be accessible as usual on our website under Our Council & Staff. We are confident that these measures will allow you to continue being informed of the discussions held at the meetings. Thank you for your understanding. Questions? Call us at 613-764-5444 extension 235 or email email@example.com.
The Prescott-Russell Community Services shared with us a list of stores and grocery stores that are currently open and the various delivery services. Last updated March 24th, 2020. Please share with those who do not have access to the internet. Thank you. To view the list, please click here.
To find out more about the Prescott-Russell Community Services: https://www.servcompr.com/en/
March 30 2020 – Statement from the Chief Medical Officer of Health
March 26 – United Counties of SD&G, United Counties of P&R and City of Cornwall Declare State of Emergency Over Spread of COVID-19
March 26 2020 – For businesses in The Nation Municipality and elsewhere. Stop the Spread Business Information Line Now Open.
March 25 2020 – Updated Guidelines for Private Daycares
March 23 2020 – Ontario confirms 78 new COVID-19 cases, bringing provincial total to 503
March 22 2020 – Several Types of Establishments to Close Immediately to Prevent Spread of COVID-19
March 22 2020 – Third Positive Case of COVID-19 in EOHU Region
March 21 2020 – COVID-19 Testing and Assessment Centre Opening in Hawkesbury
March 20 2020 – IMPORTANT NOTICE : In-home COVID-19 testing in Eastern Ontario.
March 18 2020 – Second positive case of COVID-19 in Eastern Ontario
March 17 2020 – The most recent updates from Eastern Ontario authorities
March 16 2020 – EOHU Recommending Temporary Closure of Various Types of Establishments to Prevent Spread of COVID-19
March 15 2020 – 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) self-assessment
March 28 – Federal Gouvernment Update. Travelers returning to Canada must isolate for 14 days, symptoms or not. Follow link.
March 25 2020 – Mandatory quarantines for international travellers kick in at midnight: health minister
March 25 2020 -Government wins unanimous consent to quickly pass legislation for COVID-19 help
March 23 2020 – Go home and stay home, Trudeau tells Canadians
- Canada to close borders to most non-citizens
- Anyone who has symptoms will not be able to come to Canada
- Airlines will have to do a basic health assessments of passengers heading for Canada
- Canada asks to avoid gatherings of 50 or more people
- World health authorities wish to break the chain of transmission of COVID-19 virus
- World authorities urge to help ‘’flatten the Curve’’
- The recreation department, in partnership with the fire department, is inviting all children in the Nation to participate in our weekly challenges – starting now! We will announce our weekly challenge every Friday, and participants will have until the following Tuesday at noon (12 pm) to send in submissions.
- Challenge #1 is an in-house scavenger hunt. All you have to do is collect as many items from our list as you can, snap a picture and send it in! We will be announcing the winners every Wednesday so be sure to follow our Facebook page to keep up to date. Consult the list and…Good luck!
March 31 2020 – CONGRATULATIONS! The Nation’s recreation and fire departments congratulate Julianne Bourgon from St-Isidore (3 years old) and Ciaran (5), Greyson (7) and Owen (10) Stevens from Lemieux, the winners of the Scavenger Hunt, the first Nation weekly game.
We invite all Nation children to participate in our next game, which will be unveiled this week.