The Nation Municipality currently operates 3 landfills.
All residents using the landfills must provide proper identification as a Nation resident/property owner.
All waste must be generated from within The Nation Municipality.
Locations and Hours of Operation
2325 Concession Road 7, St-Bernardin, ON – On call only.
2090 Calypso Street, Limoges, ON – Open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
4701 Concession Road 15, Fournier, ON – Open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Note: The cost to access the landfills outside of normal hours of operation is $50 per hour. All landfills are closed during statutory holidays.
All loads, regardless of size and type of vehicle, will be measured and charged a flat rate of $0.40 cents per cubic foot.
A load may consist of, but is not limited to:
- Tree stumps, demolition and construction waste (local residents or small contractors only), asphalt shingles, contaminated soil (if approved by landfill manager), furniture, etc.
- Appliances (stove, washing machine, etc…) will be charged a $5.00 handling fee. Doors must be removed. Items that could contain coolant must be tagged by a certified technician stating that coolant has been removed as per provincial regulations.
Accepted waste free of charge
- Yard waste limited to grass and hedge clippings, garden refuse, leaves, natural Christmas trees and branches (must be under 12 inches diameter);
- Tires (with or without rims);
- Metal, paper, cardboard and plastic items with recyclable sign;
- Farm plastics that are properly rolled;
- Electronic and electrical items (please ensure that hard drive has been removed);
- Batteries except vehicle or corroded.
Note: Roll-off boxes, dumpsters, compactor trucks and tractor trailer units will only be accepted at the Fournier Landfill.
For more information
For additional information, please contact Daniel R. Desforges by phone at 613-443-1425 ext. 304, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.