- To define a uniform policy for recognition of the individuals who volunteer for The Nation Municipality.
- To define a uniform policy for recognition of volunteers from The Nation Municipality who contribute their time and service to enrich the quality of life in our communities.
Category 1) Volunteers for The Nation Municipality
- Each department head will be responsible for tracking volunteers and their hours (volunteer firemen will not be included in this category).
- Each individual who volunteers for the municipality will be invited to attend a supper and an evening of entertainment courtesy of the municipality and a shuttle service will also be offered from the main villages in The Nation.
- The event will be held each year in January in a different community centre. NOTE: For 2018, the event will be held on March 23rd, 2019.
Category 2) In appreciation of the strong volunteer spirit within it’s wards, The Nation Municipality will annually recognize one local resident from each ward as “Volunteer of the Year”
- The municipality will announce the award and request that nominations of candidates be submitted to the clerk’s office by the last Friday of the month of November. For the year 2018 exclusively, the deadline is December 21st, 2018.
- A completed form outlining the contribution of the volunteer in their community and why they deserve the award must accompany each nomination.
- The nominated volunteers may have excelled within the past year or over the course of many years.
- A candidate may be nominated more than once but may only win the “Volunteer of the Year” award once every 5 years.
- Municipal staff, current members of The Nation Recreation & Culture Advisory Committee and Council members cannot be nominated for this award.
- The Selection Committee will consist of the Council members and the members of The Nation Municipality Recreation & Culture Advisory Committee and they will select one deserving recipient from each ward in The Nation.
- The four recipients will be invited to attend The Nation Volunteer Evening where they will be presented with their award.
Nominate a volunteer for Volunteer of the Year
Deadline: December 21st, 2018 at 4 p.m.
Please make sure to read the Volunteer Recognition Policy before nominating a volunteer
Nomination period is now closed.