During the Council meeting on Monday, January 7th, 2019, The Nation Municipal Council decided to allow retail cannabis stores in The Nation Municipality. To know the facts regarding the cannabis retail regulation, we invite you to visit the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario’s website at https://www.agco.ca/cannabis-retail-regulation-facts.
Results of the survey
The Nation Municipality conducted a survey during the holidays to have the population comment on the future of cannabis stores in The Nation Municipality. Two questions were asked:
- Do you support or oppose having cannabis retail stores in The Nation Municipality?
- Support (406 votes)
- Oppose (196 votes)
- Undecided (20 votes)
- Prefer not to say (0 votes)
- If The Nation Municipality were to allow cannabis retail stores in the municipality, the provincial regulatory body overseeing the stores, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, would allow municipalities and residents 15 days to make comments on new retail store applications and their proposed location. What, if any, factors would you like the municipality to consider when commenting on the location of retail cannabis stores in The Nation Municipality?
- Hours of operation (192 votes)
- Odour (190 votes)
- Safety and security of store (284 votes)
- Location in proximity to potentially sensitive areas and facilities such as parks, daycares, recreation centres, addiction treatment facilities, etc. (385 votes)
- Crime (203 votes)
- No factors (145 votes)
- Unsure (14 votes)
- Other (21 votes)