Annual Spring Clean-Up
From April 29 to May 3, 2019
To ensure that you do not miss the pick-up, we ask that your items be at the curbside by 7:00 a.m. on April 29, 2019. The volume must not exceed the box size of a standard pickup truck. Items must not weigh more than 100 pounds, except for refrigerators, freezers, stoves, etc.
The Public Works Department will pick up the items between April 29 and May 3, 2019. They will not follow a fixed schedule and will not return to the areas they have already been to.
Items that you can dispose of:
- Stoves, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers;
- Refrigerators*, freezers* (doors and items must be removed), and air conditioners*;
- Furniture, mattresses, toys, swings, lawn furniture, barrels, water tanks (empty);
- Paint cans that are empty and open (no lids);
- Items that are in clear bags only.
*items containing CFC must be tagged by a licensed technician that coolant has been removed
Items that will not be accepted:
- Radioactive waste, PCB’s;
- Biological waste;
- Explosive waste (dynamite, ammunition);
- Commercial/Industrial waste, unknown chemicals;
- Household garbage and food waste;
- Recyclable items picked up with regular recycling;
- Waste of any nature that is prohibited at the waste disposal sites;
- Construction or renovation waste (including rolls of carpeting);
- Pathological waste, carcasses of animals, or animal/human feces;
- Tires, electronics and electrics, grass clippings, leaves and branches (they are accepted free of charge at all municipal landfill sites);
- Items placed in green or black garbage bags.