Couple getting married surrounded by family.

Marriage Licence

Age minimum

  • Persons getting married in Ontario need to be at least 16 years old
  • Under 18 years old: you will need a written consent from both your parents.

Registered Wedding Celebrants

Gay Wedding Or Homosexual Men Marriage

Visit Service Ontario for more information on registered marriage officiants in Ontario.

Apply for a Marriage Licence

In order to apply for a marriage licence, you must schedule an appointment with the Clerk or Deputy Clerk. While it is recommended that both partners be present at the appointment, it is not required. 

Both partners will need to supply the following documentation: 

  • One government issued picture ID (example: driver’s licence or passport) and birth certificate;
  • Original divorce papers, if applicable.
  • Consent form, if applicable. 
  • Marriage Licence Application Form duly completed and signed. If you have difficulty opening the form, please visit our main office for a paper copy.


Once issued, the marriage licence will be valid for 3 months and anywhere in Ontario.

The fee for the marriage licence is $140.00. We accept Interac and cash only. 


Marriages postponed due to Covid-19

The Province of Ontario has extended the expiry date for most marriage licences issued during the States of emergencies, as declared by the province. For more information, please visit Service Ontario

If you need a replacement licence, please schedule an appointment with the Clerk or Deputy Clerk.

Make an appointment

Mother and Father changing baby's cloth diaper.

Washable Diaper Grant

Did you know that The Nation Municipality offers refunds for parents of newborns who purchased washable diapers? This is done in an effort to reduce the amount of garbage sent to our landfills. We have a total of 20 refunds to give away per year!

Two girls playing with paint.


There are three types of daycare services in The Nation: Daycares in Schools; Private Daycares; and Home Daycares.

Garderies dans les écoles

Schools will often offer before and after school daycare, and preschool services. 
The following is a list of those offered in The Nation (last updated May 2021). 

Garderies privées

Private Daycares offer care for toddlers, preschool and children before and after school.. These daycare centers generally offer their services on an ongoing basis, supported by trained staff. In The Nation we notably count the following companies (last updated May 2021). 

Toddler with Down Syndrome playing at a crafts table.

Garderies à domicile

Home Daycares offers services in a private residence by an individual. Places are generally limited to 1 or 2 children and may change year to year. Neighbourhood networking is the best approach if you are looking for available space. 

Would you like to add your service to our list? Contact us at 613-764-5444!

Paradis Nature

Attention homeschoolers, this may be a group for you! 

A space for free learning for children 0 to 17 years old. 


PARADIS NATURE is a space dedicated to families practicing home education in which members are authors of and responsible for their daily life, within a multi-age and intergenerational group. Young people are free to determine their own goals. They devote themselves to what interests them without any schedule or time constraints. In connection with their nature and their deep aspiration at every moment, they play, explore and practice their areas of interest.

For more information contact: Marie-Claude Dubé

Summer Camps in the region


Kawabunga offers different day camp experiences around The Nation Municipality. St-Isidore will be hosting Kawabunga’s Summer Camps again this year! Check out their Facebook for more information!

A report will be presented to the municipal council on Monday April 24, 2023 in relation to the possibility of a summer camp in Limoges.


Man singing a document with a commissioner of oaths.

Commissioner of Oaths

The Commissioner of Oaths may administer oaths and take affidavits, declarations, and affirmations where permitted or required by law. The Commissioners carry out their duties under the Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Act.

The Commissioner of Oaths may administer oaths and take affidavits, declarations, and affirmations where permitted or required by law. The Commissioners carry out their duties under the Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Act

All documents must be signed in front of the commissioner by the person making the request. 

If you require the services of a Commissioner of Oaths, you can schedule an appointment with the Clerk or Deputy Clerk during office hours. The fee is $20.00 per session with the Commissioner and is payable by cash or Interac. 

Example of types of documents a Commissioner of Oaths can sign: 

  • Documents indicating that it must be signed in the presence of a commissioner of oaths, for example:
    • Legal name change application;
    • Delayed birth registration forms;
    • Pension purpose attestations of recipient being alive and confirming their residency;
    • Donation of a vehicle to a family member;

Documents to bring during appointment: 

  • The document to be signed (unsigned); 
  • Two pieces of identification
    • One government issued photo ID (example: passport or driver’s licence); and
    • Any other document that confirms your identity (example: health card, birth certificate).