The Nation Municipality is looking for a contractor for the snow removal and maintenance at the Forest Park outdoor skating rink.
- At the beginning of the season, conduct flooding on the prepared base to establish an ample and resilient ice surface.
- On weekdays (Monday-Friday), the contractor shall remove snow from the entranceway and the rink before 4 pm.
- During weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), the contractor shall remove snow from the entranceway and the rink before 11 am.
- To ensure optimal conditions, the rink shall undergo scraping and watering every second day, subject to favourable weather conditions.
- Evaluate and determine the optimal skating conditions, and responsibly manage the opening and closing of the rink and associated facilities as deemed suitable.
- Notify municipal personnel promptly of any instances of damage or vandalism and ensure the cleanliness of the skating rink vicinity by collecting and disposing of any litter.
- Maintain cleanliness in the building designated for putting on skates.
- Assigned keys are intended for the exclusive purpose of rink maintenance.
- The necessary snow removal equipment will be supplied by the contractor, and they bear responsibility for obtaining insurance coverage for the equipment.
- This agreement shall remain in force for the seasonal period from December 13th, 2023, to March 15th, 2024, contingent upon weather conditions.
Fore more information:
Manager of Parks & Facilities
(613) 524-2522 ext. 5