The Nation Municipal Ward Boundaries Review
During the Council meeting on August 26th, 2019, The Nation Municipal Council agreed to move forward with Watson & Associates Economists LTD for the review of The Nation Municipality’s ward boundaries.
Watson & Associates Economists LTD will:
- Develop a clear understanding of the present ward system in The Nation, including its origins and operations as a system of representation;
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the present system;
- Develop and conduct an appropriate consultation process to ensure community support for the review and its outcome;
- Prepare population projections for the development and evaluation of alternative electoral structures for the 2022, 2026 and 2030 municipal elections;
- Write and deliver a report that will set out alternative ward boundaries to ensure effective and equitable electoral arrangements for The Nation.
Work Plan (Tentative dates)
Task 1 – Project initiation, Information Gathering and Research (October-November 2019)
Task 2 – Interviews with the Mayor and Council (November 2019)
Task 3 – Compilation of Existing Housing and Population Structure and Forecast Growth Modelling (November 2019)
Task 4 – Evaluation of the Existing Ward Structure (December 2019)
Task 5 – Development of Preliminary Ward Boundary Alternatives (December 2019-January 2020)
Task 6 – Public consultation (January 2020)
Task 7 – Finalization of Alternatives (February-March 2020)
Task 8 – Preparation of Report (March-April 2020)
Public Consultations – Open House
The Nation Municipality is undergoing a Ward Boundary Review, which will be conducted by Watson & Associates Economist Ltd. With the help of public consultations, they will review the current boundaries to determine its strengths and weaknesses, and they will develop alternative ward boundary options that will better represent our communities, using population projections, for the 2022, 2026 and 2030 municipal elections. You are invited to be part of this consultation process. You can attend one of the two public consultations open houses to review proposed alternative ward options and share your comments with us:
Public Consultation #1
6:30 p.m. – February 4th, 2020
St-Isidore Recreation Centre
20 Arena Street, St-Isidore
Public Consultation #2
6:30 p.m. – February 5th, 2020
Limoges Community Centre
205 Limoges Road, Limoges
Questions? Contact Josée Brizard, CAO-Clerk at 613-764-5444, extension 235 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Simultaneous translation will be available on site.
If you have any questions, please contact Josée Brizard CAO-Clerk by phone at 613-764-5444 ext. 235, or by email at email@example.com.